1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accursed kids!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jester71, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jester71

jester71 Member

I own a standard psp(2.60) upgraded to 303 oe-c, its been running fine for the last couple of months without any probs... psp, iso, cso, ps1 and homebrew stuff all ran on it fine(once the which folder goes where thingy had been sorted)....

yesterday, i comes home n finds one of me kids has got hold of me psp... only hes not playing it... hes got the blue screen up (yes i went a little mad!) now kids being kids (hes only 7) he doesnt know wot hes altered. my psp now behaves rather strangely......

any game that was on the memory stick before my little *&*" got hold of it works fine... umds work fine... but nothing new that is put on my memory card (even games that worked before the alteration.. that were put back on the memory stick). i get the infamous 'game could not be started error code 80020148'

so... and answering the obvious questions....
    yes there is a umd in the drive...
    yes i am putting them into the right folders (the same ones they worked in before)
    being as it all worked before im assuming that its something in the blue configureation screen hes altered.
    so im hopeing someone who really knows their stuff is out there or someone who has done a new psp to 303 can call up their blue screen compares what they see to what ive listed below and tells me either the original configuration settings or just the ones that have been altered!!!... list as follows

working from top to bottom and all shown is how its currently set

usb - enabled

configuration

skip sce logo - enabled
    hide corrupt icons - enabled
    game folder homebrew - 1.50 kernel
    autorun program at /psp/game/eboot.pbp - enabled
    use no umd - disabled
    fake region - disabled
    free umd region - enabled

advanced

advanced configuration
    plain modules in umd/iso - disabled
    execute boot.bin in umd/iso - enabled
    use isofs driver in umd-inserted mode - disabled

cpu speed
    xmb speed - default
    umd/iso speed - default

plug ins .... none installed

if anyone needs any more info feel free to yell!

many thanks

jester

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

This lets you run homebrew through the recovery menu, you can run it even if the xmb froze. Unless you want to run homebrew, then disable this one.
    Hm, I'm not sure what this does but disable it to see if that was the problem.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Also try switching kernal to 3.03.

You can also try a reflash. Either back to 3.03oe or another oe.

4. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

if i ever have a naughty psp .i run 2.71 SE -B2 - FULL.pick the recovery option last one on the list . my psp is 3.40 oe-a and all running good .got a ps3 aswell .not playing so much .use the remote function loads.

5. jester71

jester71 Member

ok thanks.... it works now.... this was the solution that worked...

Originally posted by jester71:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    execute boot.bin in umd/iso - enabled
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm, I'm not sure what this does but disable it to see if that was the problem

whilst yas is here ... ive never done an overlay/re-flash on a psp(never needed to) do ya just rerun the 303oe program? or do i have to play yoyo's with it(step it back to a previous version before running 303oe.)

another thing .. ive noticed higher versions than 303.. if i want to(n i dont at the moment), so if i upgrade do i just run the higer version (like updateing the psp originally). any ideas as to the drawbacks to this.. im asking this because some of the new umd (disk) games and same of the demos from offical sites tell me to update my firmware first before it will let me play them.
    many thanks

jester71