1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acekard 2i not working on DSi...

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dukeidude, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

Hey guys, I recently bought a DSi the other day and got an Acekard 2i in the mail. Except when I boot up the DS and click the Acekard profile, it says "please restart DS System and read the troubleshooting menu"... Any help?? Thank you!

2. waytoobig

waytoobig Regular member

If your Dsi has firmware of 1.4 then the acekard has been blocked with this firmware and will give an error, but your acekard will work on all other DS systems and DSi's of firmware 1.3 and lower still.

To fix this you need to update the actual acekards firmware (different to Akaio RC2 software you copy to your SD card)so you must find someone with a DS/DSlite or DSi with firmware 1.3 to run the update file.

There are 2 files in the download each file is for whatever DS system you will run the update from, (One for DS/Lite andf one for A dsi 1.3 or lower) so whatever DS you manage to get hold of use the corresponding update file.

Copy that file to the SD cards root directory (you should of alredy done the akaio bit)... load the card on the borrowed DS and run the that update file (make sure you dont interupt the update and have a full battery when doing it, it will only take a minute but you dont want it stopping half way)

This file is not on acekards website as it has some copyrightable infomation within it, (which actually fools the DSi into thinking its a guinine game, "Danny Phantom")

http://www.4shared.com/file/216759137/49...pdate14new.html

There are more detailed guides online just search for "DSI 1.4 firmware fix for acekard" or "Danny Phantom Acekard fix" if this isnt detailed enough for you.

3. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

thank you so much dude. makes perfect sense now. Thank god I have an old DS laying around. Thanks again, I really appreciate it

4. taipan66

taipan66 Member

great info really helped me worked a treat thanks :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. waytoobig

waytoobig Regular member

Your welcome... ;)

Just beware:

When Nintendo tries to update your DSi firmware to 1.5 DONT EXCEPT IT (it should ask you before updating)....

I would bet my life on it blocking ALL known Flashcarts again... and it may take some time to get a fix made for it like the above 1.4 fix.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  6. colinsull

colinsull Member

i have a dsi 1.2e, it was working fine till last week and when i turn on the acekard2i loading come up. i updateversion to 1.6 and loading still comes up any ideas?

7. exe2911

exe2911 Member

HI,
    You guys probably have solution to the problem I am currently experiencing - I have DSI 1.2E with a Acekard 2i.

It simply will not start up my games. Wanted to try link pasted above by WayTooBig but it says it is not valid.

Could some of you provide files ?

Thx

Appreciate any feedback

cheers,
    djan

8. waytoobig

waytoobig Regular member

9. exe2911

exe2911 Member

Hi,

Appreciate your quick reply.
    Got the files but unfortunately I did not succeed solving my issue. Thx anyway !

In case someone can help me with input:
    I just bought 2 Acekard 2i 8GB for my 2 Nintendo DSI , two kids = two NDSI {:)

One Nintendo DSI has v 1.4E:
    After copy/paste files from acerkard.com re 'AKIO 1.5.1' to MicroSD it works fine.

I wonder though, why it did not work asap with files from the site re ak2_423_20100721_release.zip. Just got white screen...

The problem is re my Nintendo DSI v1.2E:
    Tried same as above - copy/ paste 'AKIO 1.5.1' . On the NDSI, I then see an icon A2 (not what I expected).
    When accessing the A2 icon on the NDSI, I get message: An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off (...)

Tried a lot now ... and finally I desperately tried to put the card from my NDSI 1.4 and insert that into the NDSI v1.2E providing me problems - no result.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

thx in advance
    cheers,

10. waytoobig

waytoobig Regular member

Okay

I would try starting from scratch incase you SD card has become corruped or just unstable some how, mine has done a few times...

Back up the games and saves you have on the card (.nds and .sav files) to a pc

Format the Micro SD card (Using the panasonic card formatter)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/ngeaiH8o/Panasonic_SD_Format_SET_UP.html

Then copy across the newest akaio files/folders AKAIO 1.7.1 you will find them on the official site
    http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557&f=8

Copy back the games and saves

After all that there should be no reason it will not work, unless there is somesort of hardware fault with the SD or Acekard

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  11. exe2911

exe2911 Member

Hi waytoobig,

once again, thx for swift reply.

tried to format using your input, but I think the card I bought is corrupt.
    I get same err msg as if I would not insert the micro SD card into the FlashCard.

The other card I bought works perfectly in this NDSI.
    I did same procedure for both cards.

Bloody hell {:)

Will contact provider. Let's see......
    Bad feeling re this though haha

thx for your help.

Cheers,

12. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

don't use kingston or fake china micro sd cards this will mess up and you'll be sorry

13. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

then i would say your firmware not on the micro sd card properly.
    put the firmware file on the desktop, it probably extracts to a single folder called akaio ?.?? open that file and drag the contents straight to the root of the micro sd card. with no other files present.
    now try it