1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acer aspire 7551 factory reset

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by desber, Jan 12, 2013.

1. desber

desber Member

while doing a factory reset on my acer aspire 7551 ,the power to my home stopped, when the power resumed i could not get back into the menu ,all that i can get on screen is press. Cntl Alt. Del.to reboot and i can not out reboot menu i am struggling here,at it for 10 hours going nuts , HELP PLEASE

2. john179

john179 Active member

Have you got a factory re set disc if so try to re boot from the disc. You will need to set your bios boot priority to boot from disc. Normally when you boot up you will either have to keep pressing delete to get in to the bios or one of the f keys.Once in go to adavance bios and set cd rom as 1st priority exit and save. You should then be able to recover your computer from that. You can also repair with your windows installation disc but if this came with a factory re set disc then normally the supplier will not issue you with this disc.It will also depend on how much data was wiped before your power went off. Just in case you do have this disc here is a simple guide to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqK4UNwJNY