1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Acer laptop power issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Rey Kenobi, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Rey Kenobi

Rey Kenobi Newbie

New here, so please excuse me if Laptop related hardware issues are to be posted elsewhere.

My Acer E1-571G has started exhibiting an issue where, whenever I am on AC power, the power connection (for lack of a better word) keeps switching between battery power and AC power modes repeatedly. I checked the battery and the AC power cords separately with other laptops and they both work fine without issues. So I am stumped as to what the issue is.

Can it be a connector issue (where the power cord plugs into the laptop)? If so, what can I do about it?

Currently I am solely on AC power; have taken the battery out. If I leave the battery in, it connects and disconnects from charging repeatedly and beeps every time, which is a whole lot of noise pollution.

2. nadhile

nadhile Newbie

my Laptop Acer 5315 series has no indication of any power. I just bought a new charger and same thing. what should I pay attention to when I start taking it apart? is there any lights inside that could point to the source of the problem? Thanks