1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer Predator Helios 500 and gpu questions

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by GTR35, Jan 15, 2019.

1. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

Hey guys, it's been a long while now, not sure if this is the right place to post about laptops,

Anyways, I wanted to know, how are ACER laptops? I see in recent years, they coming out with gaming laptops and getting some quite good reviews. But I'm not sure if they up to par with brands like MSI, Asus and Dell etc.

I'm looking for a new one and I want to make sure it's able to last me atleast 5years or maybe more.

The spec with this laptop is
    i7 8750H
    GTX1070
    256SSD
    1x16GB DDR4 2133
    17" IPS 144hz 1080p with Gsync
    And most importantly it apparently has good coolimg system compared to all those thin laptops.

And unfortunately it's the only choice I have at the moment, as all the supplier like MSI and Asus are all out of stock and they all waiting for the RTX laptops.

Also, even if they have stock I find that Asus and Msi laptops with bulky designs are a lot more than Acer, so I'm worried the quality and reliability if it, and it only offers 1 year warranty compared to others with 2 or even upto 3yrs

So....Is it even worth waiting for the RTX? Or just get this one and be done with it?

I know RTX is newer, but I'm worried once it's out, I might struggle to afford it and only packs RTX2060 (possibly maxQ) which mean the performance won't be hugely better??? Or will it?

My usage:
    Some gaming, CSGo, waiting for ANTHEM game, maybe with some new AAA titles also.
    Video editing, and normal browsing and work.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

not bad specs at all.better be for $2400.

3. dawn3r

dawn3r Newbie

Helios 500 is a great laptop with good thermals. Definitely worth the purchase for $2400