1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquired new Jtag, need help plz!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tmg313, May 6, 2015.

1. tmg313

tmg313 Newbie

Hey guys.
    I'm a bit of a noon here so bear with me.
    I have recently acquired a 360 that's Jtagged and that's all I know about it. It's running Freestyle Dash, and whoever had this thing before really screwed it up at believe.
    So I have several main issues.
    1. It will not play burned games, is this to be expected? It will also not even recognize them as games when I try to rip them to the hdd or external USB drive I have. Is this normal or can I fix this.

2. I can't get any newish games to play (whether through the DVD drive or after I've ripped them to Hdd, as it keeps trying to "install an update to play this game" which fails "due to an unreadable disc" and an error code something like "a124-453c-h452 etc..." even if there's no disc and it's right off the hdd. How do I get around this? I can't play anything relatively new and it's driving me nuts.

3. On the games I CAN play (very few) they won't run (glitch loading screen freeze) if I'm signed into any gamer profile, meaning I can't save. How can I get around this to be able to save?

Sorry for the long post but this thing is seriously burgers and I'm new to this. I appreciate all your advice. Please try and remember I'm a noon when it comes to this but I am quite computer savvy.
    Cheers!
    -Tim

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

1. Yes, it is. In order to be able to play burned games, you need a flashed drive. A JTAG or RGH won't do that for you.
    2. You're lucky this didn't totally screw you up. You need to update Freestyle Dash, updating with a normal dashboard kills your console.
    3. I got no idea. Update your Freestyle Dash and see if the issue still reappears.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Use 2nd link in my sig & sign up also sign up to here http://xboxunity.net/ The link in my sig is part of fsd & aurora development,the link to unity is how your 360 will get cover art & how you can play for free online at LiNK

Right once that's done find out what dash version your on,the details are in one of the flow tiles,the same line where the settings are just scroll to the right its called credits.Its the very bottom where dash version & kernel version are.also check homebrew section for dash launch & find out what version that is if it's there,if you can't see it no matter

Ok now create a post and copy & paste what you have written here incl what i've asked you to do,this link will take you there directly,i would recommend changing the last part of thread title instead of need help use something a bit more descriptive
    http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/16-other-topics/

edit: how did you rip the games,what did you use to burn them,what did you use to extract the games from the iso & to what format GOD or XEX.What size is the iso 7 or 8gb.with a jtag you don't really need a dvd drive

4. tmg313

tmg313 Newbie

I've updated to the newest version of FD and I'm still getting the same "This game needs to update" crap and then it failing. Any ideas?

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yes! FSD ain't the issue & should be the least of your concerns,(fsd is now no longer updated as it's been replaced with aurora),now if you do as i asked in my first post you'll get the help you require or should i just sit here talking to myself.If you insist on ignoring then i suggest start with your xbox's nand

Last edited: May 6, 2015