1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACTA please read

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piopat

piopat Active member

i hope the mods dont mind me posting this but its important.

"Just Say ‘No’ to ACTA

If you thought SOPA and PIPA were bad, let us introduce you to their Big Brother, ACTA.

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, which has already been signed by several countries, poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openess of the Internet. Under ACTA, ISPs and websites will be given more power to track what we do online, while forcing them to turn over our information and reporting our activity to the authorities -- all in the name of copyright protection! While we respect the rights of creators, ACTA's ill-conceived provisions will have chilling effects on free speech everywhere.

The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled -- even in countries that have already signed it. We helped bring down SOPA and PIPA, now let's turn the fight to ACTA. Call on the EU Parliament to take a stand and vote “NO” on ACTA!

Dear Members of the European Parliament,
    ACTA will fundamentally destroy the openness of the Internet, lacks democratic credibility, and poses a serious threat to free speech that wrongly requires ISPs to surveil and police their users. We urge you to withhold consent on this agreement, and to stand up for democracy and the fundamental rights of everyone across the world."

i hope people will sign the petition all thats required is your email address and first and last name ,here is a link to the petition
    https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/just-say-no-to-acta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.