1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay and DVD-Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Gdash, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Gdash

Gdash Guest

27. April 2005 @ 11:45 _ Edit message
    hey there. I have a problem here, I tried this so many times. I made backups of my games and I want to use these backups with Action Replay max. Here is what I did:

1) Loaded Action Replay
    2)Selected the game that I want and pressed start. Prompted to put in the game dvd. Sine its a backup, I placed the Swap Magic DVD V3.6.
    3)Swap Magic DVD load, put in the DVD Loader, which is burned on a DVD+R at 2X using DVD Decrypter, and a red screen comes up and says load a PS2 formated disc.

I am using a v12 slim PS2 and slim tool with Swap MAgic V3.6. And I used the DVDLoaderV7ALL software.

What should I do?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

CD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with the original cd game and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and swap the cd original with your cd-r backup and press x.
    8. Your backup will now load with cheats.

3. Gdash

Gdash Guest

I tried that before but it did not help

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

In your statement of what you tried,
    you did not mention refreshing the TOC.
    if yuou do not refresh the TOC it will not work.

After dvd loader has loaded you need to press eject,(NOT SWAP)
    and load your swap magic dvd disk.
    Wait about 7-8 seconds press x.

When it says insert dvd by ea method,
    swap for your backup.
    This method worked on my friend's slim ps2 v12.

5. Gdash

Gdash Guest

Sorrt for the confusion. I did select the game from the AR then replaced the AR for Swap Magic dvd, then I swapped the swap magic dvd with the dvd loader, then set the video function to NTSC and pressed X. Then the problem I stated above happens.

6. Gdash

Gdash Guest

When it comes to loading the DVD loader the 1st time, that where the problem starts? could have to do with the fact that I made a backup of my AR since the original is marks onit?

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

then the problem seems to be the dvd-loader as you cant complete
    the process.
    I would try burning the dvd-loaderv7 to cd-r.
    Boot the sm cd (instead of dvd) and try it that way.

My dvd-loader is burned to cd-r and it works for me.
    (I am using a ver7 ps2 though.)

If you cant get dvd-loader to work,
    your not gonna be able to use backups with cheats.

8. Gdash

Gdash Guest

Does AR stop spin onit own when game is selected b/c I am using slim tool and it doesn't stop spinning.

9. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You press 'eject' to enter the game or swap magic disks,
    You shouldnt have a problem
    if you opened it by the tool it would still be spinning.

10. Gdash

Gdash Guest

With the slim tool, even if you eject, the cd or dvd will stay the same as if the cover where closed. So, you could leave the cover open even when playing a game.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

you will need Swap Magic
    DVDLoader (can get it here) http://members.cox.net/candrid2/index.html
    you burn the DVDLoader to a DVD
    and your AR Max disc of course

1. Put in your AR Max disc and when it loads up choose expert mode. Go down the list and choose your game and start with codes as you normally would.

2. When the AR Max asks for the disc PRESS EJECT and put in your Swap Magic DVD

3. When the Swap Magic asks for a disc SWAP using your slidecard or fliptop for the DVDLoader disc

4. When DVDLoader tells you to swap using EA method you PRESS EJECT and put your Swap Magic DVD back in

5. When Swap Magic asks for a disc SWAP using your slidecard or fliptop.

This should load your back up games with the cheat codes, enjoy

12. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

But when you press eject doesn't the disc still spin since Gdash is using slim tool. so how would you the dvdloader without the slidecard or the fliptop? Is there a way of doing it with the slim tool?

13. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I noticed you said it was on a dvd+r, I had problems loading dvd+rs on ps2 ver up to 7 had trouble with this. I went bought Dvd-rs and now they work perfectly..... Just a suggestion

14. reyker

reyker Member

Hei, please read the thread carefully before answering the question. He is using the V12 slim PS2, there is no eject at all.

15. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Hell I knew the thing was slim but I dont like them so I have no interest in the new PS2 v12,I actually seen that, but I have a version 7,I'm only familiar with it..

16. Dubweiser

Dubweiser Member

same problem here.
    i`m using backup ar to play backup devil may cry 3 with codes, on a slim line ps2. when it comes to swap disc from ar to swap magic, i trigger one of the switches, so the disc stops spinning, then i put in the sm disc, retrigger the switch, and, when it has loaded, swap with dvdloader. there, i got a system message(insert a ps2 format disc).

17. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

I figured it out, if you are using an swap magic with a backup ar then you get that problem, you need to use an orginial ar dvd with the swap magic. If you have a modded ps2 then you can use the backup ar with no problem.

18. omg1234

omg1234 Member

When i load the dvdloader i get a "not a valid ps2 disc"

19. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

I had the same problem b/c I was using a backup ar, when I went out and bought a orginial ar then the "not vaild ps2 disc" was gone when I loaded the dvdloader

20. krossbone

krossbone Member

Well...Jizmak, besides using an Action Replay I used Codebreaker 8.0, and I followed all of the steps you had. I have a v12 slim PSTwo. I put the codebreaker in, selected codes, put in Swap Magic 3.6 DVD, pressed X, swapped with DVDLoader when it loaded, and pressed the eject button for the lid when the Loader stopped loading, put in a high TOC game (Manhunt one time, SM3.6 DVD 2nd time), waited 8sec, pressed X, the Loader said swap via EA method, I did it, the game loaded and...no codes. So unless it is because you used Action Replay and I used Codebreaker, and somehow yours happened to work and mine didn't (except for the fact in the past I've gotten both to work the same way using swap methods on the older Swap Magics and PS2), then I have to humbly say I can't believe it worked on your friend's PSTwo slim model. Unless you know something I don't, or anyone else here can say this method worked for them as well, then I've gotta say, at least for me, this method doesn't work. Also, Steimy, between step 3 and 4 of your method, you must've left out a step, because what are you supposed to do after you load the DVD Loader and before it asks for EA method. As soon as you swap the SMDVD for the Loader, it doesn't immediately go to 'swap via EA method,' you have to swap it with SMCD, SMDVD, or a High TOC game first, so what did you do at that point? Gdash, did any of these methods work for you, if so, then I apologize. I will get an Action Replay and try, but for now I think the result will be the same.