1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max Backups Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by crea2k, Jan 13, 2005.

1. crea2k

crea2k Guest

Hi, I recently broke my amasing copy of action replay V2 which I used to use with my neo usb mod, it was simple, just turn it on, bang in AR2 then put the backup in and it boots fine.
    When I broke it I thought I would go and but the new and improved (so I thought) version of action replay only to find that now, none of my backups will work. Most of them are burned onto cd and it says that it is not compatable with ps1 games even though they are ps2, it seems they have gone backwards with the new version cos now nothing works :-( .
    Any ideas anyone other than buying the very rare AR2 off ebay for a stupid price ?.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

i use to use dvd region x to boot my cd-r based games with my neo 2.2 mod.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The v2 Action Replay/Gamesharks were the last ones capable of booting backups. Looks like it's time for you to upgrade your mod. DVD X Region does not have backup booting capability.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

it does.i used to use it.only ps2 cd-r though

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I've never heard of that. Most of the sites that sell it specifically state that it doesn't.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

me nethier,all i can tell you is that when i bought the ps2,i had the best chip i could afford at the time,(about 4ysago,maybe 5)i was told it was the neo2.2,with dvdregion x,i asked about ar2,but was told it was less reliable.i know the specifications in the shops say nothing about ps2 booting,but i can gaurantee you it worked.not dvd though.
    with kind regards hursty

7. crea2k

crea2k Guest

Ahh mint found somewhere that still sells version 2 for 28 quid, by the way does anyone know if swap magic will work with my neo mod ?, does it work the same sort of way as AR2 ?.