1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay MAX Evo Edition DivX Functions, Questions

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Caspa1786, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Caspa1786

Caspa1786 Member

I Put this in the DivX/XviD forum cuz well I figured this was the place. what I'm looking for is a Review of this new Function, and if it's any good, cuz turning my PS2 into a DivX player is a Sound investment if it works good, since I can take those movies 2 Other friends houses an not to mention that for the past 2 years I've been using VCD as my backup, and I only have 1 player that can play them an i only have 1 friend with a VCD enabled DVD Player so bringing my backups over 2 friends places never really works, but with PS2, well 5 of my Buddys have a PS2, Cousins have a PS2 an for all other family members houses well I'll prolly just have mine with me. This really put more use into my PS2(Very Used), infact it broke last night an I have 2 get it replaced now(will do very soon). does any1 hear use this new ARMAX feature? if so whats your opinion of it

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

yep, i've heard of the new Actioon replay will be able to play mpeg4 based video, and thats is about all that i know for now.

in case if you didn't, its already possible to play your avis on PS2, but required a mod chip.

3. Caspa1786

Caspa1786 Member

ya I knew that, but the point for using Action Replay instead of a Chip makes sense, 1 being that I'm on my second PS2, and I'mma be sending this 1 back 2 sony in a few days and tell them 2 stick it up their ass an give me a new 1. also when using AR instead of a chip I can take AR an my DivX Cds 2 my friends house with my DVD Remote an just watch my movies on friends PS2s, see like when I do VCDs movies are always 2 CDs somtimes 3, an unless I buy a DVD Burner I have no other option, an since they can only be played on 1 player in my house(besides my computer), every1 needs the DVD player 2 watch them, an my PS2 an XBOX are not modded so neither can play VCDs, with AR an DivX CDs, I can pop in AR, load the Player, Swap for the DivX Disc then go sit down an get close to the gurl an not get up half way through, ya know how annoying that is eh. I'd buy a DVD burner but this Computer is a Junker an I'd rather get a new computer, but for now it does what it needs 2 do so I'm not in the market, and just the ability 2 actually take my backup movies 2 other ppls Houses is a good thing, without the need 2 bring a player 2. This new Action Replay was supposed 2 be released on the 11th an I havn't herd otherwise yet, except that us.codejunkies.com is out of stock an are over ordered