1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max Evo freezes after updating

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by mrelusive, Mar 25, 2007.

1. mrelusive

mrelusive Member

Searched around a bit and couldn't get a straight answer for this. I have a slimline, stock ps2 (no mods) My AR max works fine with the default codelist and with codes i input myself. However, if i try to update it via my ps2 network connection or the usb drive and software that came with my AR max, it freezes while tryin to load the updated codelist.

i can usually erase the codelist from my memory card or (sigh) format my memory card, but that leaves me back at the default codelist.

here's what happens with a fresh disc / no updates loaded:

When i turn on the disc, it asks if i wanna check for updates. i select 'yes' and the list pops up, loads, and i save the new codelist.

the codes will be there and work fine at that point.

but the next time i try to access them, my AR max will freeze at the expert mode loading screen and the music starts looping / skipping.

i don't want to mod my ps2, i just want to update my codelist without having to input all the damn codes myself. Despite what the manual says, is this even possible?

2. Valedion

Valedion Regular member

thats happing to me now what you have to do is when you want new codes first formatt your card then get the update but it wont freeze for that time but if you turn the game of and try to load the code list it will freeze so what that means is you have to do what i told you every time if you want to use codes thats on the updated list

3. mrelusive

mrelusive Member

yeah... that's what ive been doing. Sucks, though. A little too time-consuming when you just wanna pop it in and play, ya know?