1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max Help..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sarezjay, Jan 24, 2007.

1. sarezjay

sarezjay Member

If this problem has been solved before, then please post a link to the thread and disregard this message.

For some reason, when I updated AR MAX through their internet update thing, it screws up. After it updates, I can access codes fine and use them. However, when I restart my PS2 and use AR Max, it freezes when loading codelist. This never happened before, and whenever I want to use a code, I'm forced to delete the AR file, re-update and use a code I want. I tried contacting codebreakers, but I haven't gotten a response. I'm thinking it's the memory card that's causing these problems. It's the AR memory card that comes with the set, and since the update, some of my games have been giving me problems. For example, God Hand doesn't save correctly. All of the save files are corrupted.

Anyone know what I can do?

2. lackyno

lackyno Regular member

This might be why it froze, because the codelist was already screwed up during updating.

Have you got another memory card you can try though? Alternatively, if you have a USB flash drive, you can try and load the codelist from that.

3. sarezjay

sarezjay Member

So what you're saying is that people who have updated through AR Max's internet update thing, also has their codelist screwed up?

I don't have a USB flash drive.. but would an external HDD work?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  4. lackyno

lackyno Regular member

Are you using the PS2 or PC software to update the codelist? I did it on the PC and it was fine.

So re-updating it this time worked?

I don't know much about connecting a HDD to the PS2 because I don't use one so can't help you there, sorry.

If you suspect it's your AR memory card then see if you can try it on a different memory card. Otherwise, try only updating the codes for the games that you need instead of the whole list. Or, enter the codes manually...

5. spamlite

spamlite Member

I have this problem too, even tried it with the usb flash drive that came with it, and it locks up. Gotta delete the armax settings from the card, restart, get codes online, then play and its good, but thats a lot of load time!

If i do delete the settings from the card tho, and use the disc without getting any updates, it does work fine with the games i used to use it on without any problems. Havent tried manually entering codes yet tho, mainly wanted to point out your not the only one with this problem.