1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max Modification Guide: Customize it your way

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Igmutaka, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Igmutaka

Igmutaka Member

Ok this is where the Action Replay Max Modification begins

What to modify and what to leave starting with.

Extract the Armax Iso image to 1 folder

You will have:

COD
    IMRES
    MEMRES
    RES
    SLES_500.09
    SYSTEM.CNF

Do Not modify the COD folder leave it as it is

The IMRES folder delete everything in it and put Ulaunch Elf what ever version you want in there. (Latest version is recommended) and Rename it MAXIM.ELF

Also in the IMRES folder make a folder named ELFS and put all the Elf’s you want in there.

In the MEMRES folder you only modify the GFX. What images are in there you can make your own but keep them the same size as the original and same format .PNG

In the RES folder do not modify anything in the 3DMODELS folder. The audio folder make your own music but rename it to INTRO with stats exactly as: 96kbps. Stereo. 48000hz. Duration under 1 minute 20 seconds and size under 900KB

In the Codelist folder just download the latest codelist with max drive and rename it to EU_CODELIST or US_CODELIST depending on the Region you are using. And replace the codelist with the new one.

In the FONTS folder. This is RECCOMENNDED so it looks better and runs fine. Use these fonts. And delete the rest:

FIXED.DAT
    SWIS12BD.DAT
    SWIS14BD.DAT
    SWIS16BD.DAT
    SWIS16BK.DAT
    SWIS17BD.DAT
    SWIS17BK.DAT
    SWIS18BD.DAT
    SWIS18BK.DAT
    SWIS18EX.DAT
    SWIS19BD.DAT
    SWIS19BK.DAT
    SWIS20BD.DAT
    SWIS20BK.DAT
    SWIS21BD.DAT
    SWIS21BK.DAT
    SWIS22BD.DAT
    SWIS9BD.DAT

In the GAMESAVE folder you can delete that all if you do not need it.

In the GFX folder. Now this is where the modifying of graphics goes.

Your BACKGROUND file is obviously the background picture make you own same size same format. (PNG)

The DATEL is the Datel Logo on the main menu. Make your own same size same format. But it is recommended to have the logo more to the right of the image.

LOAD_BL and LOAD_GR you can change but best to leave them.

These folders are not recommended to change but if you want make the images the same size and change them. These are:

ADS_CONTENT
    CHECK_BX
    CODE_ENT
    DIALOG
    DVDRX
    MEM_MAN
    PLAYBAR
    PROGRESS
    SIMPLE
    SPLASH
    TEST_ICONS
    TEXT_ENT
    TREECTRL
    VERT_SCR
    WHEEL_IC
    WHT_BOX
    BACKGROUND.PNG
    DATEL.PNG
    LOAD_BL.PNG
    LOAD_GR.PN

What you can modify are:
    BACKGND folder. Same size same format
    START_SC which is your start screen. Icons. In the English folder of START_SC. If the names of the icons change them if you want to your own text and logo.

In the rest of the RES folder leave SFX
    TREE
    DMC.XML
    EMULATOR.ELF
    MEDIA.ELF

Extra Information

The Font Folder SWIS22BK 108kb Dat file is the Armax at the top of every screen

The Font Folder SWIS13BD 44kb Dat file is the loading graphics on the start screen

The Font Folder SWIS10BD 4kb dat file is the sccee bit at the start

RES\AUDIO is the music file

The Font Folder SWIS16BD Dat file is the home on top on the top bar and is the do you want to update.

If not sure about something post something reasonably intelligent no useless questions. Thanks.

This applies to Both US and Uk Armax just follows the instructions.

To make the ISO download CDGEN from here

http://www.shaolin-venoms.com/downloads/download.php?file=2

Then Drag all the folders including contents (COD
    IMRES
    MEMRES
    RES
    SLES_500.09
    SYSTEM.CNF) to CDGEN and press Vol. And name it ARMAX. Or something you want to. Then press Image. Select ISO and save it to what you want to call it. Open Nero and burn. (Recommended to use CDRW to test so you get things right. will boot with either swap magic or a modchip

2. aj174

aj174 Regular member

Good guide. Great job. But I'm wondering if I can use codebreaker gamesaves on action replay max and have it to work? Thanks.

3. Igmutaka

Igmutaka Member

As far as I know that is a different type of save. or you can mod your orn Armax and have CB as a ELF and launch off that

4. aj174

aj174 Regular member

I'm having a problem booting action replay. I used this:
    http://johnnys-epitaph.com/ps2cd2dvd.html
    to convert the cd to dvd so i can boot with swap magic DVD edition, since my ps2 has trouble with CD's. I followed all the steps correctly, but i noticed that there were 2 code files in the CODELIST folder. The EU one and US one. So i deleted the EU one, cause i only needed the US one. I followed steps, burned, and swap magic says its not a valid ps2 disc?

5. Igmutaka

Igmutaka Member

The only thing I disagree with is the Nero when you have your files done Use CDGEN and drag files into that and make the image then open nero and burn. Try that. CDGEN will make it into a PS2 image

6. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

Igmutaka, you made my guide better!

@ aj174
    You may want to look around the forum, there are some methods to do this and it doesnt always work.

7. Igmutaka

Igmutaka Member

Yea I first started with your guide but couldn't follow it. So I started from scratch. From the beginning from folder to folder to grapgic tpo grapgic to file to file took a long time but I got it to work with 100% sucess