1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max ruined my TV.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by armnleg, Jan 13, 2007.

1. armnleg

armnleg Member

...well, not exactly. BUT, when I access the Max Memory Manager menu it reloads the disk and my screen goes to greyscale and flickers like a bad Nintendo NES game. Unfortunately, I cannot blow inside my console.

Now I can make out some of the features and menus, and my own USB flash drive works, but does any one have any experience with this? I couldn't find a thread that has addressed this specifically.

thanks!
    -M

2. ssj4champ

ssj4champ Member

hi

i think dat ur AR cd might be stuffed, im preety sure that this is y ur tv gets gretscayled. another thing dat u might try is to put ur ps2 onto another tv and c if it does the same thing. if it does den the cd is stuffed and it if doesnt den the tv is stuffed lol :)

3. armnleg

armnleg Member

^why had I not thought about this? nurr.

I'll plug it in my living room, and I'll let you all know.

4. armnleg

armnleg Member

Nope nope nope. Still messed up. The image on the screen just keeps scrolling down, in grayscale.

What do you mean that the CD is stuffed? could I just burn a copy of it--would that work?

5. armnleg

armnleg Member

Alright, I just exchanged it for the Action Replay Max Evo, with the pen drive, and no such luck. It's still messed up under the Max Memory Manager menu.

Diagnosis: My PS2 is old as crap.

Solution: Slim silver PS2 purchase later today.

God I'm bored.

6. ssj4champ

ssj4champ Member

lol ok, it shouldn't make a difference if u buy a new ps2,what version is AR, pal or ntsc and what country do u live, cause the tvs u got might not support the other format...eg. i had a pal tv but when i put a ntsc game,program the tv went greyscale just as u described

7. mayopan

mayopan Member

Wow. I'm having the exact same problem. I haven't tried it on another TV, because I'm pretty sure it's the disc, but if this guy bought another disc, and it still was all weird, that's strange.

And I know all my appliances are NTSC, so this isn't a problem for me.

If anyone could help, I would be oh-so grateful. :)

8. armnleg

armnleg Member

All my appliances are NTSC, and my Action Replay disk is labeled, "US Version" or something to that effect. I wonder if they made a PAL cd and labeled it wrong....

So much crap just for some USB action...lame.

edit: BTW, I'm in the US, therefore NTSC fo sho.
    I'm gonna call customer service today.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  9. mayopan

mayopan Member

After talking to Customer Service, PLEASE post and tell me what they said to do. :\

10. armnleg

armnleg Member

No luck everyone. Customer service goes straight to voice mail, and they won't even let you leave a message.

I ended up emailing Datel support--something tells me this has been going on for a long time.

Right now, I guess I have 30 days to return their product.
    That is after I buy a new PS2....

11. mayopan

mayopan Member

Yeah, their support seems to suck major fusking balls. I don't even care too much about the screen going crazy, I just want to know why my files don't show up on my USB drive.

Anyway, did you check it on a different TV, bro?

12. armnleg

armnleg Member

Not a tv issue, unforunately. My PS2 is old as shit, so, time to get a new one.

13. mayopan

mayopan Member

I wouldn't get a new one just to see if that's the issue. I have a slimline one, and it still does it.

Though, get a new PS2 for your sake. Not the issues sake.

14. armnleg

armnleg Member

http://www.firstadopter.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-229.html

Words of warning about the MAX Drive. There's been a bug with the Memory Manager since the MAX Drive first came out. If you use the Delete or Move commands on any save, it corrupts the memory device that command was used on, which can destroy all saves on your PS2 memory card. The way to make the card usable again is to highlight it when picking a device to use in the Memory Manager, and pressing Square to reformat the card.

There's a similar product on the market that costs less and doesn't have the bug, but expects you to provide your own USB drive, and is compatible with more USB drives. Code Breaker (version 7+) is the product, and it runs for $20 US.

I've used both AR MAX and Code Breaker 8.x, and I've had no problems with the Code Breaker, but have run into and helped dozens of people with the corruption problem of AR MAX, especially after Datel shut down the forums on their web site in August of 2004, which were flooded with complaints about the problem at the time. Datel's customer support for the device has also seemed to have greatly declined since then.

15. mayopan

mayopan Member

Wow, that's real shitty.

I think I might have to return this AR Max shit and get a Code Breaker. I've just never seen them anywhere. :|