1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay Max & Swap Disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by themarsh, Dec 28, 2004.

1. themarsh

themarsh Guest

I'v been using the flip top for some time now, and cheating with GameShark2 v2. I went a got a real copy of Action Replay Max to cheat with because there are no cheats for GS2v2 anymore. I can not load any backups if the Action Replay Max disc was in the machine. Just a blank screen after the Swaps is done to the backup. I'v also tried using cd&dvd loader, no luck.

If any one has come across this and got around it I could sure us the help, Thanks

2. themarsh

themarsh Guest

Hello again

I'm not an online player, I just get frusterated easy so I like to cheat.
    Could some one tell me why AR Max prevents backups from loading with swap magic?

3. jonngo

jonngo Member

Are you saying that AR Max doesn't let you use the cheats or not let you load the...ok nevermind.

All you have to do is have dvdloader (version 7 if possible). I do this all the time and it works.
    Load Ar Max and choose you cheats. Start Game. place SM DVD and load it. Then after that swap it with DVD loader. Then press eject and load the SM DVD back it. Press X. Wait. Then swap in you game. That's all and it should load with codes.

4. themarsh

themarsh Guest

I'v got dvd loaderV7 and i'v tried and tried. I can play game fine as long as I don't put in the AR Max cd first.
    The game is NFS U2
    I guess it's time to give up cheating,

5. pimpmagic

pimpmagic Member

forgive my ignorance but what is SM DVD?

what is the exact process:

-load AR Max with codes
    -?
    -swap with DVD Loader
    -?
    -swap in backup

6. yomax

yomax Guest

Hy. When i insert a gamedisc (Budokai 3,GTA San Andreas)on the AR Max Home screen,i always gave this message:"Action Replay MAX cannot read this disc". Why? What's the problem? :( Please help

7. jonngo

jonngo Member

SW magic is short for swap magic. When you purchase this product it comes with either a fliptop or slide card.

If you have that you will know the answer to your questions

As for yomax

I need to know if the game disc you insert is the original copy.

Also why do you insert it on the homescreen?

Is the Dragonball z 3 or San Andres a backup?

8. fessp

fessp Member

If anyone needs help with AR Max here is a site that will help you.

hxxp://www.cryptbreaker.vze.com/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  9. FLSGod

FLSGod Guest

I have the same problem. I have a modded PS2 and I have NO Problem playing anybackup games straight...BUT when I want to cheat and load it with AR Max, the backup just wouldn't load.

please help