1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

action replay max

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nutty_cop, Jan 1, 2004.

1. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

I tried to copy my ARM just incase the cd got scratched or lost. I tried using nero 6.0 and alcohol 120. Both couldn't get the job done. I'm wondering if there's a way. Anybody know?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i beleive earlier versions can be backed up with clone cd or blind write but not sure about ar max but i hope you realise that your backup copy wont self boot to get it to boot would require the use or a boot disc or a no swap mod chip

3. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

messiah should boot it just fine.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes your messiah chip should boot it just fine i just wanted to make sure that you knew that it would not self boot(as we have had some people make backups of game shark/action replay then complain they dont work)

5. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

they are retards...Anyway, is it possible to play backups using codes (ARMax) without using CDLoader, just the SwapMagic v2 disc? I've gotten RatchetClank2 to work using CDLoader (needs it to play) but my other games don't need CDL to play so its a waste of time swapping in CDL. THANKS

6. Dany22

Dany22 Member

I was able to make an image of my original AR Max CD using Alcohol 120...I put the CD in my cd burner because its the best for reading unreadable sectors and cheating devices have alot..after i choosed Playstation 2 as data type for the image BUT i checked the cases Skip reading errors and the other just below it..after i saved the whole thing to my desktop..and its started the dumping...of course..because the boot sector are at the beginning of the cd..it toke a lots of time to read it and dump it..but it was done..after so..it took me a big..6-8 hours to do it..suggest to do it while u sleep..lol ;)

Hopes this help

Dany22