1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by P2Sinfo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

Hi, newbie here. I was looking at some threads about action replay(AR) and backups. I ma still confused and still can get it to work.

Here is what I do:
    1)I put my swap magic cd v3.6 in then when it stops spinning I place my AR BACKUP cd in and hit X.
    2)Go to expert mode select the game and press start.
    3)It says please game. Since I have slim tool on my v12 slim PS2, I have to stop the the AR backup cd from spinning. So I take out the 1 of 3 slim tools (the one located right above the power button), and it stops.
    4)Place in my swap maigc dvd v3.6 and place back the slim tool that I took out in step 3. The dvd spins and I press X to let AR know that the dvd is in.
    5)Now swap magic dvd loads and it stops spinning, I take it out and place my dvdloaderv7all in and press X (also tried to leave the vidoe mode in NTSC and normal) and red screen comes up and says place PS2 formated dic.
    6)If I skip step 5 above and put in an orginal PS2 game like Getaway: Black Monday and press x to let AR know the game is in, the game loads.

I burned the dvdloader on a teon dvd+r and -r and on a cd, and still doesn't work. Used Nero on 1 and 2x. If I don't use the AR and place the swap magic dvd and swap for the dvdloader, the dvdloader loads.

From other threads, people say use the "ea method", which I think is for people with slide tool or fliptop, so how do I use it with the slime tool as well as the TOC refresh.

2. P2Sinfo

P2Sinfo Member

I can't get it to work. Type-o above