1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

activated but not genuine

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by honda155, Feb 3, 2007.

1. honda155

honda155 Guest

my copy of windows says it is activated when i type- %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a into run, but when i try and install windows media player 11 it says it is not genuine, whats the deal?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you've got a pirated copy of windows. no goodies for you. that simple.

3. honda155

honda155 Guest

i know it is, but is it goin to last forever or is it goin to shut down after a while?

4. honda155

honda155 Guest

and i have been able to download and install updates

5. fastfox

fastfox Member

had the same deal on my hooky copy. should last for ever, but their are some things you cant down load off microsoft. I got so fed up of this that i brought a real copy of XP that had a voucher for a vista premium upgrade. The XP cost me £50.00 and the vista upgrade cost £40.00. so a copy of Vista premium has cost £90.00 instead of £150.00...Bargain

6. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

MS GWA has been known to produce false postives ie claiming ACTUAL geniune versions of XP arent geniune. SO before assuming someone is running a pirated version of XP/Vista whatever, try asking.

Oh yea, there's other sites out there you can get MS patches,security updates from besides MicrosoftUpdate site. I have a legit OEM version of XP x64 and I refuse to use the real MSUpdate site since its damned SLOOOWW and tries to override my selections of what updates I want to install