1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activation Failure

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lilime, Apr 2, 2007.

1. lilime

lilime Guest

Hello,

I bought nero 7 ultra edition and I keep getting the -Patent Activation Failed- message. I have uninstalled, cleaned out and tried everything that I thought would work. I finally called Nero Customer Service and the rep actually walked me thru removing the entire program again and reinstalling by downloading from your site here. Since the download took an hour or so, I hung up with the rep and still the problem is there. I can't do anything as it says I need internet connection to activate the license. I'm on line but nothing happens when I hit download. The message states that I need to allow Nero to pass the firewall. I've unable my firewall entirely and still nothing.
    Anyone know if there is a way to go to Nero directly? If there is something else I could do to activate? I've left e-mails but the responses don't really give me what exactly I need to do.
    I've used the trial programs and there were great and for a hot minute 7 was okay.
    Any answers???
    Thanks
    Signed
    Lost

2. MasterTK

MasterTK Member

Make sure that you have the Windows XP service called Webclient enabled. Turn that service on and set it to automatic. Then reboot. Then try Nero's patent activation again. This time it should work.

You should be glad that MasterTK was on the prowl and heard your cry for help.

3. lilime

lilime Guest

Master TK,
    Thanks for responding. I checked and the Webclient is enabled on my computer. Any other suggestions.

Thanks again

4. MasterTK

MasterTK Member

Sorry to hear that.

I had the same problem. I turned webclient back on and the next attempt at activation worked. You sure that you tried activation with webclient shown as "started"? If you have other services related to the internet turned off, try turning them on one by one.

I can't believe you actually talked to someone at Nero. All I ever got from them was emails suggesting that I reinstall.

Happy Easter.

5. lilime

lilime Guest

Master TK
    I have checked and the web client is on, however if I have anything else that is interferring with the activation, I really don't know. I am definitely a newbie!
    By the way, I'm still waiting for my last email to be answered by Nero from a few days ago. I'll try the Customer Service number (which is in California) again on Monday. It's just so frustrating since I really do like the program but the response/help service is really bad. I hate to think that I threw money out the window. If they don't activate the license, I really can't use the program.
    Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it!!! In the mean time I'm gonna see what other products are out there.
    Thanks Again and Happy Easter!!!

6. BPiston

BPiston Member

I am having the exact same problem. Finally got an email from Nero Support. They said something is wrong on my end. Some help! I can't even get to the websites to download clean tools. I can get to any website except of few selected at NERO. I really could use some help in getting this Patent activated. NERO use to work great but now I can't do anything with it.

7. BPiston

BPiston Member

OK I fixed my problem with no help from NERO tech support. I discovered that my browser would not open FTP (File Transfer Protocol) websites. (as opposed to HTTP). In internet explorer I clicked on "tools", connection tab, LAN settings, then clicked the box by "use a proxy server....." then clicked "OK". The patent activation worked the 2nd time I tried it and now my NERO works again.

8. lilime

lilime Guest

Hi BPiston,
    Thanks for your response too. I tried your suggestion and still getting the failure message. I tried calling Nero Cust Ser again the other day but the wait was so long that I hung up. I did get an email from Nero but no help there. I ran an error report and in a nutshell The error shows
    ERROR
    [21:08:18] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [21:08:18] DVDEngine source: CNeroConvertManager::CreateConverter
    [21:08:18] DVDEngine description: cannot find license

Nothing I can do but wait and see if Nero will answer another email.

Thanks again!

9. treebone

treebone Member

I get the activation message and I am a NOOBIE so I would like to know how to get PORT 80 to alow NERO to activate my product, Thanks