1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

activation

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jasman, Mar 22, 2004.

1. jasman

jasman Guest

I have a question about x copy express.
    If I buy an x copy edition with the ripper still included and I try to activate it will 321 activate it for me?
    Or will they want me to upgrade to rf?

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

dunno jazzman.....i aint a love of 321 products.

why not try DVD Decrypter or/and DVD Shrink.

both are free and in my limited experience will do all that you need to do.

good luck and happy burning

3. jasman

jasman Guest

thanks viper I have shrink and I really like it I also have found no problems with x copy as of yet.

4. zachzchw

zachzchw Guest

Jas, a word of advice- spend the money you would spend on x copy on some blank discs or something. I use dvd shrink to rip, decrypter to burn and have not had one problem yet. Dvd x copy express has many, many flaws. Do a search on this site and just look at all of the complaints. In additon to having to shut down various common programs before use, x copy has a tendency to not capture full discs.(I received multiple "error while finalizing" messages after spending about an hour ripping and writing). Dont forget about that annoying red intro screen either. The free programs are much, much better- my favorite feature of shrink is the customizable compression. You dont get that with x copy express. Anyway, now that Im done singing the freeware's praises, as for your question, Id suggest emailing 321 studios and asking them directly, just to be sure. Let us know how it turns out.

5. jasman

jasman Guest

hey board I went on line and activated xcopy express without any problems to all of my computers. So as for weather or not they will try to get you to upgrade/download the RF ver. I wolud have to say not at this time.