1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actually backing up swap magic 3.3 to a PS2 HD so that it can be ran from the HD itself?? Please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PNutts22, Feb 16, 2005.

1. PNutts22

PNutts22 Member

I own a V7 PS2 with a western digital 7200 rpm 40 gb HD inside that is non moded. I have gotten the memory card exploit to work and have successfully gotten a few games on the hard drive itself. I was just wondering is it is possible to somehow get the swapmagic.elf file onto the PS2 hard drive or an image of the swap magic cd or dvd so that you don't have to have the swap magic disc's to swap out games. Will winhiip correctly transfer it to a PS2 formatted HD? I am a newby to backing up PS2 games so any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

why don't you just put the swapmagic.elf on the memory card?

3. PNutts22

PNutts22 Member

That is what I want to be able to do. I went through the whole tutorial and made the disc for the memory card exploit and it worked and I tried to go back in and add a different .elf file to it and reinstall it and when I inserted the swap magic disc and then tried to swap out the cd's it said it was an invalid format. So basically what I am askin is how do you get the swapmagic.elf to the memory card without having to insert the swap magic cd everytime?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't understand what your saying. The memory card exploit is loaded by a ps1 game.