1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AD members getting dumber and dumber over time...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Razor89, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, fellow AD members who have not bowed down and accepted this new cool thing about being stupid on AD. Am I the only one who has seen countless newbies ask questions repeatedly that I have personally answered before? Is it wrong to post use the search function? I find that my 'fuse' is relatively long, but it just wears me down answering the same questions day after day, month after month...Here we are in a new year and I see it more than ever, newbies posting without even trying the search button. Not only that, but it seems as though it is stretching over into the other member categories! I remember when a junior member would be respected and expected to give only informative posts...Now it seems as though some of them are reverting back to the newbie days, or is it just me? I've even seen a couple of 'member' level posters doing the same thing. I create this thread in hope of finding others who deal with this. Recently on the PS2 and swap magic thread I have been working on for quite some time now, I got into a bit of a mess with a user and had creaky back me up and make sure that my point was understood. I realize it's against the rules to post against another member, but what if that member is asking questions that have answers already in plain sight! Am I the only one who sees this plague on AD?

razor

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

show me the rules that states no posting against other members. we are all members whether mods down to 1st time posting newbie. if the member is wrong than post it but back it with proof so no flamewar.

3. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

I can't remember where the post is...It was by a mod, as an official thread. I believe it was something like...Users shouldn't post if they aren't going to help. Posting and being rude to newbies is wrong and blah blah blah. I'm not trying to start an argument with mods, you guys keep people like me in line lol I know if there weren't rules in AD it would really suck. The forums would be a wasteland and I would not be the more cultured member I am now. I don't attack newbies for no reason, I attack them for repeating questions. Even though it may sound rude or wrong, I just don't have the self control to sit back and watch the forums degenerate to the same posts over and over...I'll probly look it up one day and post it when I'm in a better mood, had a bit of a bad day and then started getting attacked by someone for helping them! I helped him/her out and they replied with sarcasm. Really hit the spot for me as I wasn't all that peachy before I read it. Anyways, just my rant for the safety valve :p

razor

4. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i noticed newbies and junior members asking the same questions in the xbox sections about a year ago nothing you can do about it.live with it.

6. msitarski

msitarski Member

Yea its sad we got to live with it.

Oh well im use to it.

7. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

Oh dude, I know exactly what you guys are saying. You say you are used to it, I was used to it too...There just comes a point when everybody snaps and screams "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!!!" don't you think? I was fine telling people to use the search function, but don't ask my help and then be sarcastic to me after I answer you, especially if my answer is correct!

razor

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's when it's time to get off AD for a while.

9. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

haha nice Auslander! Never thought about it like that...Just tryin to help people, you know? People join to ask a question that's been asked before...It'd be easier to search. I remember when people joined to help instead of only ask. The way I look it at is you should help people with what you know about. I might ask a question about something, but I'll answer someone else's question about what I know. I notice that every member posting in this thread spends more time answering questions than asking them...

razor

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

You have my sympathies Razor, lazy, sarcastic, and just plain stupid people are flocking to the internet. I gave up trying to tell people how to unlock their Motorola Razr phones months ago, too many "let's not read the obvious and I'll post my E-mail add and wonder why I get banned mentality" Granted the console forums are hell on Earth compared to the DVD forums, but the same sort of stupidity prevails, they'll ask a question which is clearly addressed in the very first sticky post in the forum. I now only respond to actual posts which make sense and look like the person has searched before posting. Like you, I'm over arguing with idiots, if they think a crack will make a program run better, well then it will make a program run better, and they'll be running to the virus/spyware forum for help in removing a browser hijacker.
    There 'nuff said.
    Peace.