1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ad Removal

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by durkinjt, Jul 22, 2014.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

I have been getting this message constantly. "Ad by saveron | Close This Ad".I went on an info page they put out on how to get rid of it, but does not work. A real pain in the butt. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas how to get rid of it? T.I.A.

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi durkinjt,

In order to help, I will need some information and reports from your system.

First: Please explain the problem(s) you are having..

Second: I need you to run a scan tool to provide me with the information I need to construct a Fix for your problems.

Step 1

Please download -> Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
    Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the correct version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

[​IMG]
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
    • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Step 2

After you generate both reports, please attach them. There is a button [​IMG] below. Use it to attach all reports.

Location of the reports:

FRST.txt and Addition.txt --> are on the desktop or in the same folder where you downloaded FRST

If you have difficulties attaching the reports, just open them and copy/paste it's content into the topic.

2oG