1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaptec DirectCD on multiple drives + DirectCD vs. Nero InCD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jukehead, Oct 29, 2002.

1. jukehead

jukehead Member

Hi, I have two CD-Recordable drives. One is my old Hewlett Packard CD-Writer Plus 7500 and a new HI-VAL USB 2.0 drive (can't find a more specific model #). I have Adaptec's DirectCD installed, which came with CD Creator and the original HP drive. The new HI-VAL drive came with Nero's software and their InCD software, which is similar to but incompatible with DirectCD. Since I have over 250 CD-RW's formatted with DirectCD, I'd like to use DirectCD with the new HI-VAL drive too. But I can't seem to get DirectCD to work with the new drive. I've uninstalled and reinstalled DirectCD but to no avail. The new drive can see the files on the DirectCD formatted CD-RW's, but will not let me edit, delete, copy files to, etc. the CD-RW's when they're in the new HI-VAL drive.

My question is this, how do I get DirectCD to recognize and work on my new drive? I have a somewhat older version of the Adaptec CD Creator and DirectCD, version 4.0 something I think. Do I need a newer version? If I remove DirectCD and install Nero's InCD, am I correct in thinking it will not let me read/write to the DirectCD formatted CD-RW's? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please post answers here and if possible e-mail me at custardpie01@yahoo.com. Thanks.

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member