1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adaptive error compensation

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by movies27, May 3, 2005.

1. movies27

movies27 Regular member

In nero what do you all enable sharp by default or maximum sharpness or maximum smoothness???

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I don't have that option on my nero oem, but on dvd shrink,I use the max smoothness on those larger movies.That's only when The compression is below 70%, according to dvd shrink. Takes a lot longer,but well worth it for me.
    Later

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've messed around with all those settings in DVD Shrink and I prefer sharp.

4. movies27

movies27 Regular member

yea sorry saugmon i meant shrink but today i put it at maximum sharpness instead of the usual sharp(default)& the movie turned out extremly crip & clear!!!

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Max smoothness is what I use on backups like harry potter,Lord of the rings trilogy, and those other 2 hr + movies. They look very sweet. I haven't used max sharpness much. I used max smooth on my backup 598 mhz pc and it took 9 and a half hours to analyze and encode it. Last time I do an entire dvd-9 movie on that pc, LOL

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I use max smoothness for really large movies, it comes out great. I find Max Sharpness a little to crisp for my tastes but everyone has their own viewing preferences.