1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a Subwoofer to my speakers? Please read,, could def use help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Liez4Love, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Hello, i have a Sound Blaster Creative SB Audigy 2 sound card, with lots of differnt plugins i dont even know what they are all supposed to be.. But, i have 5.1 IConcepts Adrenaline speakers, 1200 watt, its an amazing system,, but i want it louder.. So i tried pluging in my other free speakrs in the other ports, (all the ports are differnt colors) and im only using 3 ports, the orange, green and black one,, im assuming thats right side, left side, and subwoofer, Now is there any way i can add more speakers to it, because there are still blue, yellow, and red ports left, so i was wondering if i could add on top of he speakers im already using, and if it is possible to get another subwoofer.. Thanks guys please help.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

If you have a 1200 watt audio system for your computer (which I've never heard of) and you want it louder, there's not way its 1200 watts. Probably 1200 watts PMPO. (Peak Mean Power Ooutput). The actual wattage is much lower. I have a AB Audigy, and one port is front, one is rear, one is center/sub, and one is line in. Usually if you go to the sound controls in control panel it shows what is what. If not you should be able to on sound blaster's website

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

it says i have 1200 watt speakers, and so is there a way i can add another subwoofer?

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/audigy2/gallery.asp

From Creative SoundBlaster website for your card :-

? Sound Blaster Audigy® 2 On-Board Connectors
    ---------------------------------------------

Linelevel out(Front/Rear/Center/subwoofer/Rear Center)

Digital Out for 5.1 support (6-channel SPDIF Output)

Line in
    Microphone in
    FireWire port
    Telephone Answering Device in
    Analog / Digital CD Audio in
    15-pin MIDI / Joystick port extension header
    Internal Firewire header to Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Internal Drive (Upgrade Option*)
    AD_EXT extension header to the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Internal Drive (Upgrade Option*)
    * Upgrade not yet available for sale seperately

Now the manual that came with it may give you the color coding for the connections.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005
  5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what kind of speakers do you have? I still find it hard to beleive that they're 1200 watts RMS and they're not loud enough

6. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Im not sure if they are actaully 1200 Watts, but that what the box says they are, and i bought the system complete, so i didnt get the manual for alot of things, thank you for your help. But is it possible to add another subwoofer on top of the onei have?

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Those are the ones you should use !

The jacks on your card are as follows:-

? Digital Out

? Microphone In

? Line In

? Green = FrontLeft / FrontRight

? Black = RearLeft / RearRight

? Orange = FrontCenter / SubWoofer

? FireWire Port

The Card itself has an ouput of 2v for your speakers -- if you need to increase that , you will have to feed that into an amplifier and then connect your speakers array to that amplifier.

You cannot get 1200 watts of power from the card.