1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addin stills to video?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ivegotesp, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ivegotesp

ivegotesp Member

Hi! I've barely begun doing video editing, I've worked with something called MyMovie and was able to get both video clips and stills in the project. Unfortunately it wouldn't hold much data so my vieos were very small. I bought Roxio 7 thinking I could do more, but can't mix video clips and still (or at least I can't figur out how to do it) Just upgraded my computer, have lots of RAM, space and can even plug VCR or DVD directly into the computer. Now I need software that will allow me to add scanned or digital phots into the video. Any suggestions that don't cost an arm and a leg?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I currently use Pinnacle Studio 9 which lets you intergrate video and stills quite seamlessly. It's pretty easy to use also with good looking results. You only need the software if you already have capture card

3. ivegotesp

ivegotesp Member

THANK-YOU! I was looking at that software, but wasn't sure from the box if it did what I wanted. Really appreciate the help.

4. kftweedy

kftweedy Guest

Has anyone else wanted to do a “Ken Burns pan” around still images? I tried out one pricey solution (“ImageMatic Ver. 1.7” from ImageMatics.com) but it seems buggy (or just not very intuitive to use and for once I also read the online help several times, too!). They have priced it in a 3-tiered structure and as I want to produce a hi-res 720x480 AVI file to feed into other editing products that I am comfortable with for producing my DVD projects, I would need the highest-priced one (at $249 US). I would probably not mind if the darn thing was so quirky that I couldn’t produce the results I need to.

I’ve done a Google search and have not yet found anything. Here’s what I need/want to do:

A "Ken Burns" thing, roaming around within the image (mostly a scanned JPG or still photo JPG file), perhaps starting with a full frame (or a close-up) then travelling around the source image, pulling back, driving up to another portion, etc. I want to be able to control pausing (or “holding”) at almost any point and then continuing the travelling. Seems like an obvious thing, right?

Any and all suggestions most gratefully accepted! Alohas and Mahalos from the garden isle of Kauai, Hawaii!

Kevin

5. Murphey

Murphey Member

Kevin,
    Adobe Streamline allows for the panning accrossed plus zooming in and out from less than 100% to up to 500%. You have a start point with enlargement/reduction, and an end point with same. You spec the motion, can hold then resume and control speed.

But be careful, even high res good still imagery goes to hell when rendered to 740 x 480. So a big enlargement (over 300%) will look bad.

Then use Roxio to build the front end.

We just built a 35 minute presentation consisting of 7 modules each 4-5 minutes with nothing but stills with motion paths. It works nicely.

Have fun,
    Murphey