1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a second burner with Nero 6

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by crispy51, Feb 10, 2007.

1. crispy51

crispy51 Member

I am considering adding another burner to my PC in the hope that CD copying will be speeded up.

I'm currently using Nero 6 and hope that I can use this with 2 burners. Any help would be gratefully received.
    Chris

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sure you can i have a cd burner and a dvd-cd burner, two different drives, if you were wanting to be burning on two different drives at the same time, depends on how powerfull your system is but you would have to have two different burning programs to do that.

3. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Thanks for that. What I was thinking is that the first read and write to the HD would be cut out, so that the write would start from the beginning of the read process. How does that sound?
    Chris

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

and the way that it dose it now is not fast enough? is that what you are trying to do? it would take longer to do it the way you are asking, also what are your specs of your system? are you trying to copy dvd's or cd's? some times when you burn to fast you can ged bad returns, allways rember to burn slower with dvd's and you can burn faster with cd's also if you are having trouble with your speed no multitasking when you are burniong, like no surfing the net stuff like that.

5. crispy51

crispy51 Member

I am copying CDs, often upto a dozen at a time, and I hasten to add that there is nothing illegal in the process.

I am just trying to cut down the time taken. At the moment each disk takes about 15 minutes, and then I have to print the CDs one at a time.
    Chris

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

how fast is your burnner? what kind of media are you using? like i said you would have to use two different burning programs to do that and a lot of ram and a fast cpu, what are your system specs?

7. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Thanks for the follow up, the burner writes at 40x and I'm using Datawrite Titanium discs at the moment. I have 1Gb RAM and the processor is 1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64.
    Chris

8. crispy51

crispy51 Member

As there have been no further responses, I thought I'd read through the replies again and I couldn't work out why anyone thought I'd need two different copies of burning software.

I figured that maybe I hadn't explained what I was trying to do. The idea of having two drives was that one could be used as the source drive and the other as the target drive. As Nero has a different input box for each, I thought that might reduce my copy times, but perhaps not.

Chris

9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

my bad i thought you were trying to use two burners at the same time,yes the way to speed up what you are trying to do is to have two drives one for reading and one for writing, most people who back up thier dvd's do it this way, or music cd's. also when the disk is being read the data is stored on the hd as a temp file but it is deleated by the program so nothing is left for you to take off your hd. hope this helps

10. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Thanks for that RDM, with the price of decent burners being so low, I guess it's certainly worth a try.

The only thing that bothers me is trying to connect two on my PC, I know there's no problem with the power and data leads, but I seem to remember another connection, possibly sound, Any ideas on that one please?

Chris

11. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

ok so what are you wanting to do? are you wanting to network your systems togeather?

12. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Sorry for the delay in responding, but we seemed to be going up different paths.

I have now gone ahead and added a second burner, and all seems to be working well. It's a good job I didn't wait for my querie to be answered by Nero staff - I'm still waiting.

Chris