1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a wave file to video

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Andrew691, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I have a movie on my computer but it is split into a mpeg2 file and a wav file how can i join these together?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

In general, it depends if you have a 'mute' mpeg or a 'mute' AVI or what you have.
    If the video is a .MPG (as you told me: a mpeg-2, and therefore you have a 'mute' SVCD), a quick way is: convert the WAV to 'MP2 for SVCD' with BeSweet+BeSweet GUI and multiplex it to the video with TMPGenc 2.5. You can 'set a delay' with BeSweet (or CUT the WAV with EAC to remove silence) if the audio file is non in-sync with the video . But to have mpeg-2 support you'll need the plus (registered) version.
    If the video is an AVI you can use directly the WAV file as 'audio input' in TMPGenc and encode the AVI to mpeg with TMPGenc or you can load the MP2 with VirtualDubMod (Stream__Stream List__Add) and save (Video__Direct Stream Copy) to a new AVI, which will have the sound and the same video qualitty.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  3. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

ok i just used TMPENC to combine them but when ever theres fast movement
    sometimes even slow movement it goes sortof blurry and i cant fix it.
    help please?