1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding music to Nerovision 3 slideshow

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by silkzipp, Mar 7, 2007.

1. silkzipp

silkzipp Member

I've only created a slideshow one time before and can't remember where or how to add music to the background of the menu. I see where to select it, in the background properties, but you can only hightlight a music file not add it. When I go to preview, it doesn't play the music, I am pretty sure that on the slideshow I created previously, I could hear the music in the preview. Any help?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

When you have the background properties open, is there an audio window on the bottom right side. Is there a blue button for browsing? You should be able to click that and add music.

I am running NV4, so it may be a little different.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. silkzipp

silkzipp Member

yes, and I can browse and add the music file. There are several shown, as they are in the slideshows themselves. If I highlight, there is no "add" or "select" choice. Shouldn't I be able to hear the music playing in the preview? I also just noticed that in animation, I can only select "playing time", under "autoplay", the "delay" and "action" buttons can't be selected.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Yes, it should play.

It is funny, but when I opened the files window to pick my music, it opened in such a way I could not see any folders. I had to drag the window and make it larger to see the file selection area.

You should be able to navigate to any folder on your system and pick a music file. Assuming you are trying to select useable ones, you should be able to highlight the file and click open and the file will be put in the audio window. Try not using one you already have, to make sure it is working like it should.

5. silkzipp

silkzipp Member

There are several music files in the audio window, I assume that you just highlight one to select. None of the files I highlight can be heard in the preview, all can be heard in Windows Media Player, so they are all okay. Any thoughts regarding the animation window?
    I was going to burn to hard drive instead of DVD, don't want to waste a disc, but that option is gone.... In the burn to options, I used to have a choice to burn to various drives, including my hard drive. I don't know whats happening here. I recently uninstalled and did a cleanup of Nero 6 and reinstalled a more current version.

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Do you get a window where you can select a file from any folder on your system--not just the ones listed in the audio window???

Burn to the image recorder and then burn the image later.

7. silkzipp

silkzipp Member

In the background properties there is a box for audio files. From there, I can it shows "no audio file", it also shows music files that I have already added to my slide show, and I have the option to browse my system to add music files. I had originally made the slide show as a video CD, and for some reason didn't get the option to burn to my hard drive, remaking it as a DVD video, gave me the option. Although I couldn't hear the music on the menu in the preview, I could hear it after burning to the hard drive. However, the animated buttons, aren't animated. I wonder if it will be any different burned directly onto the DVD?

When would "autoplay" be used, and how is it accessed?

8. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

The options for the VCD are the same for me. I suppose the files can't be burned directly to a VCD the way DVDs can. You could still burn to the image recorder if you want.

If you check animate, a portion of the video should play in the buttons. In the Edit Menu window, click on the button properties and make sure you have them set to display a title and not a picture. You should have a slider where you can pick where the video starts or how it is displayed. There is a "Preview Menu Animation" button under the remote control you need to select.

The Automatization window is broken into Animate and Auto Play, so you either have one or the other. If you want to use Auto Play, uncheck the animate box.

On the Select Menu page, under More, are other navigation options if you want.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007