1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding music to video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Bmo1, May 13, 2007.

1. Bmo1

Bmo1 Member

Just got the Plextor PX M402U. ( WinDVD Creator ) Have no problem copying 8mm analogs to file for making DVD's. Most of my videos are of sports my boys when younger. I'd rather listen to music while watching the DVD's than people yelling etc. So far I have tried draging music clips to video frames for recording.
    Problem is I am still getting the origional sound of the vedio clips plus the music. I have tried downloading enough songs to complete a clip, yet only get the 1st song on the clip.( ie, draging 4 songs to a video clip)
    Any help would be apreciated.
    Over all I find the Plextor Px-M402U very satisfying for my needs, It does take a good amount of time, but it's worth it.I'm no Phi Beta Capa when it comes to computers so when I get something to work, it's a miracle.Now I just need to maximize my use of it.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If they are AVI files, an easy way is to use Audacity to create a WAV file compilation the same length as the video.
    Then use VirtualDub to load the AVI, disable the existing audio, and load the new audio track.
    Save it back to AVI (without recompressing the video).

I'm assuming that Nerovision could do something similar - but I don't use it.

Audacity:
    http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/audacity/audacity-win-1.2.6.exe

Click 'Project' > 'Import Audio' then repeat so that there are two files on screen.
    Select/drag/highlight the second file, click 'Edit' 'Copy'.
    Click the end point of the first (top) file.
    Click 'Edit' 'Paste'
    On the left side of the lower track is an 'x', use it to delete that track.
    Import another file and repeat.
    When the length is correct, click, 'File' 'Export as WAV'
    Now it can be loaded in VirtualDub to replace the existing file.