1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subtitle to DVD - SVCD or DivX;-)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by marco75, Aug 30, 2005.

1. marco75

marco75 Member

I have a subtitle file that I can convert to a variety of formats (such as MicroDVD .sub) using SubRip. I have tried using Gordian Knot and DVD2SVCD to add this subtitle to an encoding project, but I'm lost.

Any idea how can I do this?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to make a DVD with Subtitles you will have to use a DVD authoring Program that Supports selectable Subtitles like "MediaChance DVDLab Pro"...

First you would encode your Source File to a DVD Compliant Mpeg-2 file and then you would Load it and the Subtitle file into DVDLab Pro and then add your Menu"s and Chapters and them Author them to DVD.....

Adding Subs to VCD or SVCD Is a Lot more Difficult because these Formats do not Support Selecable Subtitles so they have to be Hard Coded into the Video image, SVCD"s or VCD"s Suck anyways as they are Notorius for Playback problems and they are more expensive to make than DVD"s and DVD"s have much better Quality...

If you were going to Put SVCD"s on to DVD you could add Subtitles and be able to Fit up to 3 Full SVCD Movies on each DVD-R with Selectable Subtitles.....

Cheers