1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subtitles to a ripped DVD

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by stibi, Aug 20, 2008.

1. dibastard

dibastard Guest

ive copied a dvd rip movie, with no subtitles, i wish to burn the movie with subtitles added, is it possible, and which progs would do it the best, ive found open subtitles.prg but they all seem to be srt or sub and some tmp, i have rejig, but can ffigure how to get my subs into sup format? can you please advice me attar, im a noob too so ive tried the rejig and it says it did subs(which r srt) and when i play the movie it says there there but nothing comes up

2. stibi

stibi Regular member

Hi dibastard,
    I have converted with Txt2Sup the srt subtitles of 2 DVD movies to sup (Txt2Sup is a free program, working quite easy - I don't remember wherefrom I downloaded it). Next, I added with Rejig the sup subtitles to those DVD movies.
    Unfortunately, in both cases the sups were not well synchronized with the DVDs.
    I should add, that when I played the same movies in Avi format with the said srt subtitles the synchronizations were OK.

Hence, I gave up the idea of adding subtitles to DVDs. If you succeed, please, notify me.
    stibi

3. attar

attar Senior member

@dibastard
    If you have a PAL DVD (25fps) and a 25fps .srt file then there is no problem adding the subs to the DVD files.

Simply demux the video and audio from the DVD files using Rejig, then use DVD Flick to author the video, audio and .srt subtitles to a new movie.
    There won't be any out-of-sync problem.

The problem comes up when it's an NTSC movie - because most of the available subtitles are timed to PAL (25fps).