1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subtitles using ConvertXtoDVD

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by john1816, May 8, 2007.

1. john1816

john1816 Member

Hey, I am using ConvertXtoDVD to convert my avi files into DVDs. I have no problems with the software until I try to add subtitle files to a movie. I make sure the names of the files are identical apart from the .avi and .srt and they are in the same folder. The menu tree displays 1 subtitle stream and the whole thing looks right, but when I get the finished dvd, there are no subs showing. Anyone got any ideas as to why? I am using version 2.1.14.223. Thanks for any assistance.

2. jeddah

jeddah Member

1st make sure the subtile name is same as the movie name but the diffrent extintion
    or
    just add it manually from subtitle when u click + u will see subtitle and then add it
    thats i guess will help
    or check ur subtile format maybe doesnt support coz i guess the programm support only .srt and IDX/SUB
    and its work with me so goood
    hope i help

3. john1816

john1816 Member

Yeah, like I said, the files are the same name except for the extension. They show up on the menu tree as being there but they just dont show up on the finished movie. Are you using the same version of convertxtodvd as me ? I know sometimes some versions of software work better than others.

4. CAGal

CAGal Regular member

Have you tried activating them using the remote control of your DVD player?

ConvertXtoDVD subtitles work like commercial movie subtitles, they are not incrusted into the video.

If this doesnt work for you post your log file and I will examine it.