1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Subtitles...

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by blingbin, Mar 13, 2007.

1. blingbin

blingbin Member

Dear moderator,

Hi.I'm relatively new at this bit.I have a .avi file and I have subtitles which are in .srt format.I understand that in order to watch an avi file on a dvd player I need to convert into a dvd format.I have a software called WinAvi Video Converter 7.7 for that.My question is, how do I include the subtitles as well when I burn it on dvd.The DVD burning software I have is Nero 6 and Nero Vision Express 3 SE.Please reply at your earliest best.

Thanks & regards.
    -Blingbin

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

I think you need to have DirectVobSub or ffdshow installed.
    Then add that .avi to list and convert.

btw. you can burn it using that same program...

EDIT: oh... sorry, was your message ment only for mods?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. blingbin

blingbin Member

Dear OneMember,
    Hi.Thanks for replying.I have DirectVobSub installed on my machine.Do u think if I went ahead & burnt the .avi file,(after I've converted it using WinAvi Video Converter 7.7)will it still play the subtitles (ie the .srt file)?

Also I'd like to ask u this...in one of my .avi files,I converted it using WinAvi Video Converter 7.7,but it left a watermark.Is it possible to convert a file without the watermark (and without BUYING the full version)???

P.S: The question is aimed at anyone who is more knowledgeable than me in this regards :)

4. OneMember

OneMember Active member