1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding tunes from the library to a play list

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Mez, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Mez

Mez Active member

Is there some way to up date the library for a non-smart play list. It looks like my ipod play list, library has neven been updated so it only has a fraction of the tunes in my library. I know smart play lists can be updated as you add to your library. Do I need to create a new play list to get the new tunes?

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

No, when iTunes is open and your iPod is plugged in, click on 'Music' on the top, then select 'All Songs and Playlists', this way it puts all the songs from your library on your iPod.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

The problem with that is my library is vast and I only have a Nano. I prefer the Nano becuase it is small and more importantly, easy on batteries. My plan was to swap out 25% of the tunes every few months. This was to be my first swap to discover there was a magor wrinkle in my master plan.

Thanks for the quick comeback.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I did find a poor work around. You can add library files by selecting them then right clicking and adding them to a play list. The problem is if you do this by groups you get double entries if you are not careful.