1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Screen Position

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BanonX, Jan 28, 2008.

1. BanonX

BanonX Guest

I have a PS2 with a DMS4 Pro and Toxic OS.

Does anyone know of a utility, or other method with Toxic OS (or just normal PS2 settings?) that will allow me to calibrate the position of the screen output?

My TV is an older SDTV Tube but it is 16:9 and some games like God of War, FF13 etc.. I want to play in wide screen mode but for some reason when I switch the output to widescreen, then put my TV into wide mode, there is about 1 inch of black on the left side of the screen where the image doesn't go flush with the edge.. In normal 4:3 mode, I can also see there is a gap (but much less noticable)..

So basically, I think my PS2 is outputting the video a bit too far to the right.. this problem doesn't appear when watching TV or with other game consoles (tested using same and different inputs) so I can only conclude that the cause of the problem is the PS2 and not my TV or the set of inputs I'm using.

(no my TV does not have a horizontal adjust.. only vertical and even that is just 2 or 3 notches either way..)

Well just thought I'd ask.. Crossing my fingers for an easy solution.

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

are you using ntsc game on a pal tv or pal game on a ntsc tv?? ntsc and pal have a little bit difference in resolution. I never herd of a section missing on the left side of the screen, it was always top or bottom. If it is a ntsc/pal problem then you can convert the ISO with a download from here

http://www.exploitstation.com/files/downloads.html

and the download you want to click on is called

NTSC-2-PAL 1.08
    PAL-2-NTSC 1.03

3. BanonX

BanonX Guest

Hi.

Thanks for the advice however it is an NTSC game on an NTSC TV.... (??)

... and it's slowly driving me mad.. :|

Any utilities that I can load on to my PS2 HDD and manually adjust screen settings at all?? Anyone heard of anything like that??

4. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

i have herd of some games that HAVE to be put on the hard drive through a pc, you will need a program called winhiip

http://www.psxforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22748

that might work, not 100% sure but if it doesnt then it might be a glitch in toxic OS and maybe the next update will fix it?? if all else fails i guess just play it on normal 4:3 not much you can really do about it =/

5. BanonX

BanonX Guest

Thanks again.

Well, the majority of my games were infact transfered to my HDD via WinHiip (only a few by disc). There doesn't seem to be any correlation. All games, even those that don't have a 16:9 option, exhibit the gap. It's just smaller in 4:3 mode.

Well I suppose it is just a small thing that I'm over reacting to but you know how it is when you have a setup working 99% the way you want it and that last 1% drives you nuts.. Yeah.. one of those situations..

Thanks again though. I should test on another TV and see what happens there.

6. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

yea i completely understand about having 99% working and that lil 1% drives you crazy to try to fix -_- best of luck to you though when you try it on a different tv update me and say if it made any difference or not. it might be the fact its just an older type of tv cuz I have had screen offset problems before on different tvs