1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by donilla, Jan 30, 2008.

1. donilla

donilla Member

Hi,
    I have recently made 3 new accounts on my xp, not including the administrator account, one was a computer administrator the other two were limited i this makes 4 accounts including the administrator account but i restarted my computer and i could no longer see my administrator account but when i logon in to someone elses account i can see all my administrator files please help me what is going on even when i go to control panle, user accounts i still cant see it when i try to make an account named administrator it say it exists but i cant see my account there.
    Please someone help
    Thanks, Donilla

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

When you're at the Windows XP logon screen, press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice. This should then bring up the Windows Classic logon screen where you can enter the username and password. From there, you can login as administrator, assuming that you know the password.

3. seb32

seb32 Regular member

The account "Administrator" is pre-defined by Windows, but you can't log into it unless you're in Safe Mode. Make another administrator account for yourself, but name it something different, such as "Admin".

4. silk42

silk42 Regular member

I can't verify for Windows Home Edition, but you can definitely login as administrator in Windows XP Pro.

5. donilla

donilla Member

ive tried pressing ctrl alt twice but it wont work please someone help me i cant get into my user "Administrator" its completely vanished

6. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Log on as the computer administrator account you have created. Right click on My Computer, go to Manage. Click on Local Users and Groups. Click on groups and you should see your administrator account. If you want to log on to that account, follow silk42's advice.

7. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Sorry, I was under the impression that he was using XP Home, but now that I reread his post, it seems it could be either.