1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Encore

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DSYF3R, Aug 23, 2003.

1. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Not sure if this post should be in this section, but it does have something to do with DVD-R's.

Has anyone tried Adobe Encore, apparently it is meant to be able to do everything ie: encoding any form of video file and audio, menus burning etc, as they have not released a demo or trial, it is pretty expensive to buy, anf them find out that it is crap,

so I was wondering if anyone had tried it out yet?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It most certainly is not crap. Wilkes will tell you that! He has ordered it and will post results on it as soon as he gets it. It looks very promising though.

3. Matador

Matador Regular member

Encore is a great app and looks good too.Use it with Premiere Pro and it works great.

4. Fibre

Fibre Guest

I don't have it. But right off the bat the tight integration with PhotoShop (You can design a total custom DVD menu using layers, Rollovers to custom masks) and Premiere is GREAT. It is pricey and I have read that there are certain things it still does not support. Can't remember what they they are now. Overall it looks, kick ass. But I'm in the same boat, I WANT A TRIAL VERSION!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya it only works on Windows XP (that's it) Bye Bye Mac. It's Apples fault, they refuse to release the CPU source code. Apple has their own DVD software and Apple has alway hated competition.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2003
  5. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

It does sound good, especially photoshop intergration, however, DVDlab and menu studio, are good progs that do similar things, except for the encoding, so I am hoping for someone that has used it to post what the encoding engine is like...

although, I'm told there is a beta version floating around the net somewhere, haven't found it yet......

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

There is no current trial version of Adobe Encore.I have the full version of Encore 1gb.And it only runns on XP.It's very good that it supports the Adobe Family.