1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Flash on PS3

Discussion in 'PS3' started by mwampler, Aug 12, 2011.

1. mwampler

mwampler Member

Is there a way to install Adobe Flash Player onto a PS3? I have tried to view video content from sites such as CBS.com and ABC.com only to find they require Flash Player.

If this is possible can someone point me to a guide or a link to walk me through the installation process?

Thank you

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

The PS3 comes with a flash alternative, but it is almost as outdated as the video player app, and you know Sony..."If it works, fix it...if it doesn't work...don't fix it".

Sony has pretty much forgotten about that whole, "It only does everything" idea...they have spent massive piles of cash on lawyers to make sure, "It only plays games and blurays". The browser is an early beta release...and that is all it will ever be.

3. mwampler

mwampler Member

KillerBug thank you for the prompt reply. One can only hope that the PS4 will address these type of issues. Thanks again.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

5. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

Im always sadden every time I see Sony release an update after all these years and never did anything to the browser. Pretty pathetic.

6. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

lol just count the number of "updates" which have actually updated features or added new features, it's pretty slim to the number of security updates.

It's thanks to sony's ignorant and dictatorial attitude that I will not buy another sony product until it has been hacked. I loved the ps1 and the ps2, psp was kind of a let down, i never play on it, and the ps3, even though they removed the memory cards, 2 usb ports, and ps2 bc both hardware and software, it was still a good console. Too bad they stole so much from it and force us to sign away our rights to use their psn, it's only right to repay the favour as an ex-loyal customer.

It's a shame most hackers dont feel as betrayed as I do, I was expecting them to beat down the ps3 as they did with the psp. New psp firmware was hacked within a day, yet no word of hacking the latest ps3 fw.