1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adobe flash player

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Johnny99x, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Johnny99x

Johnny99x Member

I am having problems watching you tube or any other site that requires this dam player
    keeps telling me to update or turn java on
    I have been to adobe site to seek answers to my prob, but there not worth a carrot.
    I have downloaded an adobe removal software, reebooted, download flash 9 reebooted again and still nothing
    anyone got any ideas please
    the old version worked sound, but can't even get that to work now.

thanking you in advance
    Johnny

2. ireland

ireland Active member

is this the one ye tried,

File size: 1,324 K
    Download Time Estimate: 2 minutes @ 56K modem
    Version: 9,0,28,0
    Browser: Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, and Opera
    Date Posted: 11/14/2006
    Language: English
    Installation Instructions

1. Installation of Adobe Flash Player may require administrative access to your PC, which is normally provided by your IT department. For the installation to succeed, you may be asked to close all open browser windows during the installation.
    2. Click the Download Now button. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the Installer.
    3. Save the Installer to your desktop, and wait for it to download completely.
    4. An Installer icon will appear on your desktop. Double-click on it.

Flash Player 8
    5. You may be prompted to close open browser windows to continue with the installation.
    6. You can verify the version you have installed by visiting the About Flash page.

If you have installation questions or need help troubleshooting Adobe Flash Player, go to our Support Center.

Get answers about Adobe Flash Player licensing, Macromedia Flash content development, and more in our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

For more information on Adobe Flash Player and privacy, please visit the Flash Player Privacy & Security Center.
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

more info here
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

he probably needs to turn on javascript

If you're using Firefox go to tools options click the content tab on top and enable javascript, if you're using IE then follow this: http://www.apl.org/libcats/enable.html .

4. Johnny99x

Johnny99x Member

Right then,
    please somebody help
    I have java switched on
    I have just downloaded and reinstalled IE
    and the same problem
    whenever I visit a site eg you tube, that requires adobe flash, I download it, it is on my add/remove on control panel
    it just won't work

all help very appriciated