1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADOBE PREMIER 6.5 AND PR0 7.0 SCREEN PULSATIONS AT TOP AND BOTTOM IN SLO MO AND SPEED UPS

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by oco, Jan 21, 2004.

1. oco

oco Member

Hi there,

In adobe premier 6.5 and pro 7.0 I have noticed that whenever I proceed to slow down the time of a clip for aesthetic/stylistic purposes, eg. using "reverse slow motion" or "reverse fast motion", ie. setting the clip to lets say -50 or -200 respectively , an infuriating little tearing occurs at the top and bottom of the display window and this unfortunate side effect is also present when i export to DVD via the inbuilt encoder [ie. a separate video and audio file]. Its even worse when exported to vhs given that on an instance when i had reversed the footage and left it at normal speed [100%] for a particularly spectacular shot the whole screen seems to vibrate!

I also notice a similar little abnormality when i transfer from VHS via VCR to MINDV in the captured foootage, a pulsating line permeates both bottom and top portions of the screen.

I would be immensely appreciative if somebody could recommend a filter/process that i could perhaps use to eradicate the problm.

Best regards,

Rónán.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It sounds Like Interlace artifacts or a reverced Field Order..Try changeing the Field order or if that don"t work and the effect shows up on your TV set then Try useing a De-interlace filter in the Slow Motion scenes....