1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premier help

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kuperaye, Jun 8, 2004.

1. kuperaye

kuperaye Member

Hey guys im new and all to this forum. Im currently working on my first video ever in premier. While working on the opener sequence i encountered a problem.

[​IMG]

i want to know how to change that thin line into all green because it stops playing my video. when it turns red

2) how do i compress the video i tried doing it through premier and for 16 seconds of video i got 55 megs. In a tutorial i saw he compressed it through Premier using codecs. I know i have these codecs installed on my Computer but i can not see them in the settings for exporting a movie. Please Help

3) if your ever so kind post some links to cool premier tutorials.

Thanks guys

kuperaye

2. kuperaye

kuperaye Member

ok can someone please help me this is so annoying not knowing this stuff

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I think you are a Little over your head...If you have never really done any editing before then you shouldn"t be jumping into useing Premier as it is one of the Most complex editing Programs there is, Poeple go to school for years to learn how to use Premier properly....
    Seeing as you can"t even figure out how to export a File useing a Codec which is one of the Simplest parts of useing Premier so I think you should really try something easier.....

In your Project settings you choose the Codec you are going to use under the "Render" setings...
    Or you can go to "File" to "Export" to "Movie" and then click the "Settings" button and under "General" were it says "File Type" set it to "Microsoft AVI" and then go to "Video" and next to "Compressor" you select your Codec and then click the "Configure" button to set up your Codec settings...Now when you render your File it will be rendered as the Codec you set up.....

Well good luck ,Your going to need it....Cheers

4. kuperaye

kuperaye Member

yea before it wasnt showing up and now it is.

well now the avi arent even showing up in my project its just a black screen and i cant figure out how to fix it :/. in the preview box that shows the video it shows a black screen

please help

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Best bet is to Not use Premier and use something a little more your Speed, well at least untill you know what you are doing..You just don"t jump into your First project useing one of the Most complex editing programs arround..It"s Like Being a Doctor without going to Medical school...
    I think you are Just wasteing your Time and getting frustrated for nothing....
    Why not start out simple like useing Windows Movie Maker, or something easy like "Video Edit Magic" or "Pinnacle Studio 9"....

6. kuperaye

kuperaye Member

cuz id rather learn an adobe program than other programs its not SUPER COOL HARD stuff its just i wanted slap some avis together and laern some cool features of premier like i did with ps