1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premier Pro 7 special effects

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by laznsue, Jun 16, 2004.

1. laznsue

laznsue Guest

Hi guys, I am new to this and wonder if any one can help me. So far i have fumbled my way thru and found my way. In the editing, i am trying to get a clip to play inside a thought bubble inside the main movie.... How do i do this? I have tried image mask and the matte effect .. now obviously i am doing something wrong but i just cant get it to work. Has anyone else found a way to do this? Many thanx

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t think you can do this with Premier..You would need something like Adobe After effects and a Couple years of Schooling to learn how to use it...

3. laznsue

laznsue Guest

thanx fer the advice minion..... but if u can do it in adobe6.5...(which i have done) im sure it can be done in 7. People i have spoken to and video clubs and the such, said its a matter of adobe changing the wording in the updates, and the paths usedfrom old to new in what 6.5 and 7 can do .I know the programmes take a while to learn, but i have already blown away the rest of my fellow students in the course i'm doing, with the effects i have used, in the 5 weeks i have been playing with 7.So plse, only people who can really help me with some real advice.... plse add some helpful tips plse ........

4. laznsue

laznsue Guest

hey minion ,
    just wanted to keep you posted, and others who may wish to now for future reference, i finally worked out how to create the thought bubble( showing a clip from the movie) inside the movie........

You create a mask in the shape u want and fill black- create a lage white rectangle as the background, in title design or photo shop- and save as track matte....

place original movie on video 1, footage u want to show thru on video two, and the track matte on video three. click on matte on video 3 - right click and tick enable to disable

video two- click on the clip and in composite, change to luma.....
    and bingo ..... you have the required effect ....
    all by trial and error and persistance, and self taught ..... so it goes to show wot a bit of inspiration can do for those truly committed to learning a programme......... hope this helps for future reference....

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m glad you figured it out...I know it all couldn"t be done in Premier as you had to make one of the Tracks in Photoshop...
    I actually don"t use Premier very much at all as I find the Interface to crowded, I am more of a Vegas Video 5 user or Ulead Media Studio Pro and I"m just starting to learn Canopus Edius 2.5 which is also very hard to learn but not nearly as Complex as "Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5" which has to be the Most complex editing program i have tried....

Cheers

6. carlitoss

carlitoss Member

minion,hi.i read that u use vegas 4,do u know how to make video remixes?is it hard to do?im very interested in learning how to do them,please guide me as what software is best for that,vegas 5 u think?any tips on how much it costs to get a hold of that prgm?do i also need another software prgm that deals with sepcial effects to add to the videos?any free prgms or how much does it cost to get vegas 5?feel free to eail me directly if possible,as i would like to stay
    in touch and learn more..
    latinstyle2004@yahoo.com

thanks