1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premiere Questions

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by BC9, Sep 22, 2003.

1. BC9

BC9 Member

Hi,

I have three questions

I need to put some more footage at the beginning of my timeline is it possible to move All of my clips over to make room?

And there is about an hour of nothing at the end of my tape will that be rendered?

And is it normal for a two hour movie to take 4 days to render on a P4 2 GHZ and a 720RPM HD?

2. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

in premiere the user is free to move objects or video on the timeline , just highlight and move.

yes the nothing will be rendered if you dont cut it, or if you are using your camera to import the video just dont record that blank video to the harddrive, there is a handy razor tool that allows cuting off segments.

rendering is a slow purpose it is possible.

may i ask what it is you plan to do with this video like make it a vcd svcd dvd or you backup on hardrive?

3. BC9

BC9 Member

Hi thanks for your reply!

But I mean't can I drag all 32 of my clips over at the same time?

And I know about the cutting tool (its a great tool) but at the end there is NOTHING no clips or anything just blank space.

4. BC9

BC9 Member

oh, yes and I plan to print to video tape

5. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

try holding down the ctrl or shift button to select all or find the lasso tool to select all the drag and move.

do you have the software to burn dvds?

the blank space at the end is there any thing there on the timeline to represent any footage, becasue the timeline itself continues on but whats on the timeline is what matters like audio or video. if nothin is there then it shouldnt be rendered

rendering takes a while but may not be necessary depending on what you plan to do at the end