1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Section and Web development

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by BluRay, Jan 27, 2007.

1. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I think there should be a section added for adobe products. Such as Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver etc. And other programs such as Photoshop, Premier, Coldfusion, After Effects.
    I also think there should be a category for web development.

I know that other websites have these sections, and I think it would be cool for AfterDawn to have these sections as well.

The reason I want some of these section is because I use Fireworks, Dreamweaver aswell as Flash extensively, and more often than not I need help that is not available on most forums, or can not be found useing a search engine.

I dont use any other forum except AfterDawn and I dont want to sign up on another forum just to ask about Dreamweaver so I think it would be cool to have an Adobe section.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I feel like a fool now, because I missed the digi-photgraphy part :( Thanks Ireland, for telling me :)
    But I was serious about this request, so I still think there should be an Adobe products only section.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

The problem is that that would be some severely limited forum, if it where Adobe product specific.
    Before long, there would be a ton of whining little morons all over there complaining that we only have support for adobe products, and demanding help with software like frontpage, stuff from blumentals,
    and then the nexp problem would arise : folks with software problems on their websites.
    Imagine someone spewing out a 200 line error report from his or her faulty php built site.
    I'd say before the Admins start such a forum, they'd better make sure we have enough folks here that tinker wth html, xhtml, css, php, java, flash, etc etc.
    Because otherwise, this one might get a bit messy.

6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

The_Fiend I see, I never thought it from your point of view, but I totally understand where you are coming from.

I use Dreamweaver and mess about with script a lot, and therefore I wanted like a web development thing here at AD, but I see now that it was a bit selfish of me, to just think about myself and not the site and its community as a whole, sorry about that :(

Anyhow, your point, The_Fiend, has been made clear to me :)