1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADS instant DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by coolh2o, Jun 7, 2004.

1. coolh2o

coolh2o Guest

hey
    I want to ask you what is the best settings wich I must do to make a VCD disk , and I'm using a ADS instant DVD to capture my video from the camera ar the VCR .
    thank you

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you are Trying to Make a VCD out of your captures then try this...
    First Capture your Movie useing the Highest Bitrate your Capture device will let you capture to and Capture in Full DVD resolution with the Highest Quality settings....
    After captureing you will have a Big mpeg2 file that should be Fairly good Quality...
    Now use a High Quality Mpeg encoder Like "Tmpgenc" or the "MainConcept Encoder" to encode the Captured File to Mpeg1/VCD and then Burn the Mpeg1/VCD File to a CD-R in VCD Mode useing something like Nero or VCDEasy...

You can probably capture directly to VCD resolution with your Capture Device but the Quality will not be nearly as good as the Method i just described.....Cheers

3. coolh2o

coolh2o Guest

thanx for ur very nice replay (-: