1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced search feature

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Prisoner, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I just tried a search for a thread title. I know the thread title is really open, so got more than 100 hits. but the frustrating thing was it would not list hits from different forums got stuck.

So want to know if possible to add pull down for search thread title in specific forum group. so for searches with 100+ will be limited to the relavent area.

Also what happened to the comments posted by user pull down. I have to actually rember how to spell, I liked it when there was a pull down with every user listed. I know there are tons of users, but if only Members and up were listed it would be nice.

Other wise this place is great dRD.

2. krimu

krimu Member

The feature to restrict searches by forum room is coming up, but first we need to switch our current P4/3GHz database machine to a faster one, as forum searches (and our general traffic) is killing our database during the peak hours.

Also, the member dropdown would contain now appx. 250,000 names, so it would take about 10 minutes to download such page with 56k modem...