1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advantages of PS2 vs X box????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by madmax69, Apr 5, 2005.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I am a PS2 owner...have magic 5 installed and am perfectly happy with it...I have only the basic hardware...am not even sure what is available...anyway...a friend of mine is intent on purchasing a console which he will have modded and he asked me why I prefer ps2 over xbox which I do.. and I really couldn´t answer him....I just said..i dunno..I just do..I had the original playstation and it just seemed natural to by ps2 when it came out....other than saying that I don´t like the x box controller..I couldn´t think of anything else when it came to knocking the xbox...I am sure there is and you guys help with this is much appreciated..be it praise for ps2 or something negative for either console.......TIA

2. AceHazard

AceHazard Member

Well madmax, I have a v12 PS2 w/ Swap Magic, and a chipped Xbox. In my opinion I would have to say that the Xbox is by far my favorite of the two. An Xbox with a larger HD can do so much more than a PS2. I have a media center to play any videos I download. I can play all system link games over the net with it. I can also run a ton of emualtors as well. Plus the Xbox has much better graphics than a PS2. I also put my Xbox into a custom case so it is now about the size of the old model PS2s. Tell your friend to check out xbox-scene.com. That is where I learned everything I needed to know.

3. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

fer me ps2 roxors.. i think ps2 has better games, and looks better heh

4. kazuya111

kazuya111 Guest

x box is so crap!i think ps2 b'cos it has more and better games and ps2 can play dvds

5. kazuya111

kazuya111 Guest

x box is crap,x box is crap,x box is cpap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

Hold the phone!!!

I own both xbox and Ps2 and I dont think Xbox is crap and I dont think Ps2 is crap either. But lets get one thing straight I think the xbox is better because it has alot more features the Ps2 doesnt.
    The good feature are:
    1)better graphics like its shading
    2)You dont need a memory card because it saves on hardrive
    3)Xbox live completely blows away Ps2 online
    4)most games on the ps2 has more features and better graphics on the xbox version
    5)Plays DVD but need to get playback kit
    6)although big it supports system link play
    7)you dont need to get adpter because it has 4 controler ports unlike ps2
    8)Plus theres no other system that has the best first person shooter game around which is the Halo series
    9)The Halo series is so popular it has books and has a movie coming out.
    10)obviously ps2 has more games because it was out longer
    11)Xbox just plain has more features
    12)and xbox is just plain better

I dont want to put the ps2 completely down because I also like it but I believe xbox is just plain better. If you look at gta 3 and vice city on ps2 and then play it on xbox you notice that the xbox version has sharper graphics and brighter. Ive played through splinter cell and I noticed Splinter cell has more extra stuff and a couple of scenes not seen in Ps2. Not only that but the creators of splinter cell chaos theory said the game is much more refined and better looking for the xbox the same thing goes for spi-ops the mindgate conspiracy. The xbox manages to prove that whatever Ps2 can do xbox can do better. Ive seen a thread just like this over in the Xbox forrums but I can tell you this the results over there were much more different. The reason everyone here is in favor of Ps2 is because this forrum is only for Ps2 gamers so there is no way of knowing which is better when you know what the results here will be.

Peace out!

7. kazuya111

kazuya111 Guest

x box dosn't have a new portable and ps2 looks better and has more games

8. kazuya111

kazuya111 Guest

ok ye but all the games are crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. kuffain

kuffain Member

PS2 IS THE BEST AND THATS IT!!!!! XBOX SUCKSSS!!!!! PS2 ROCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. kazuya111

kazuya111 Guest

ya ps2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

All I can say is whatever Ps2 can do xbox can do better the xbox version of Ps2 games have alot more to offer and xbox itself has alot more to offer. And Duh Ps2 has more games than xbox but only because it was out longer and more games have nothing to do with which console is better. If you guys havent tried the power of xbox then you dont know what your missing. All I can say atleast try xbox and draw your own opinion. Just like everyone here think xbox sucks everyone in the xbox forrums think Ps2 sucks. Although I own a Ps2 and an xbox Im in favor of the xbox. Plus Ps2 only has more hardware than xbox because it was out longer Ps2 came out in the year 2000 and xbox in 2001.

Peace out!!!