1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advantages of xbox over pstwo?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by BreakZ, Nov 28, 2004.

1. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

I am gona buy a new system but I can't choose between xbox or pstwo. Can you guys tell me the advantages of each system compared to eachother?

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

It's really a matter of personal preference. If you own a million PSone games that you still play, then go with the PS2. Also, the new PS2 is super slim and now has both ethernet and modem capabilities. I think I actually prefer the PS2 controllers too.

However, I own an xbox. I've been completely satisfied with it. I own about 25 games and only play 4-5 regularly. Also, can you say "Halo" and "Halo 2" and soon, "Halo 3".

The graphics are good on both systems. The graphics are MUCH better on an HD TV with my xbox. I know that the PS2 has a component video adapter, however, it doesn't allow for a digital audio connection (that I'm aware of). The xbox adapter allows for both composite and digital audio (that way you can plug the composite RCA connectors in to your TV and the digital out to your receiver - then you don't have to use your receiver if you don't want and worry about switching plugs around all the time).

3. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

go for the xbox! just compare the stats of the systems together. case closed.

4. pvt213

pvt213 Member

the Xbox is newer, as with newer consoles its got better graphics (only just though)
    ill sum it up from what i know bro

PS2(unchipped):
    - bigger list of games
    - dont need a dvd remote 2 play dvds
    - can play ps1 games
    Xbox (unchipped):
    - more power
    - its got HALO2, HALF LIFE2 & DOOM3
    - 10GB hdd for storing music & game saves (like a big ass memory card that doesnt run out)

if your going to mod your console hands down no competition xbox owns all. Just go have a surf and read up on it youll know what i mean.